Saturday, December 24, 2011

Welcome to my blog

I've created this blog to serve as a supplement to my Bible classes at Conway Christian School in Conway, Arkansas. My plan is for this blog to be a conduit by which I may engage students in Biblical and theological discussions and maybe even debates. The assumption is that following Christ and learning to follow the Scriptures, which God inspired for us, will dramatically affect our whole being. That is, no part of our lives is isolated from our faith and salvation.
We will discuss the obvious, such as Biblical hermeneutics (meaning interpretation) and systematic theology, as well as politics, education, world religions, human relationships, apologetics, and contemporary moral issues. This blog will not be about mindless rhetoric but about thoughtful, rational, and Biblical discourse.
I believe Christians should reject the popular notion that "religion" is something, which ought to be relegated to one's "private" life and left out of "public" matters. If your faith is only a private one with no public implications, you have no faith at all. It is not only false but irrational.

No comments:

Post a Comment